Saturday, May 4, 2013

Getting Back at it.....

Well after a bit of a false start, I figured it was time to resurrect this blog.  I have been doing a lot of building in the past while, and before I get back to some helpful articles, I thought I would share some of the builds I have been working on.


For a little fun I went back to my early modelling days, and put together an older Matchbox kit, the 1/76 Comet.  It brought back a lot of childhood modelling.  To spuce up the accompanied diorama base, I added a little model railroad scenery.


The Bronco Staghound is an excellent kit to build, and produces a great looking model.  This a definite highly recommended kit for Canadian and British AFV fans.  My next quick blog will deal with a quick method to weather wheels, so stay tuned.


Mirror Models is a relatively new company on the market, and they have started to release a complete line of Canadian Military Pattern (CMP) trucks.  The C15TA model, in first release, is a true multi-media  kit, containing some plastic, resin, and photo-etched.  While not for a novice modeller, the kit does build a great C15TA.


Another fun build was the Dragon Models JagdPanzer IV L/48.  Zimmerit was added to the model using a product called Milliput.  It is a two part epoxy putty that provides a good working time, thus allowing time to apply then create the pattern.  In the future, I will post on how easy this method is to apply zimmerit.

Well stay tuned, as I will become more active with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment