Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On the Bench - Dragon T-34/76 Mod.1942

This is the first of what will be ongoing posts of my current projects.  The first being a Dragon Models T34/76 Mod.1942 with Hexagonal Turret.  While a bit of an older Dragon kit, it still is a great model, good detail, crisp moldings, and looks like it will build a great looking T-34.

My "plan" for the T-34 is to build a diorama in the future with a MiniArt BA-64, so I wanted to leave the hatches open, and not a big fan of empty interior, thus I am using the Verlinden T-34/76 interior.  While designed for the kit with a standard turret, it can still be used.  By looking at some reference images, the interior is about the same for all T-34's.

The Verlinden interior set is full resin, with a couple of photo-etched parts, and is a great looking set.  It installs well with good fit, and does a great job or representing a T-34 interior.





The set also includes the a gun breech that is also well detailed.  The model has now been moved to my paint shop for priming and interior painting and I will share more on this built in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment